Situated in the south-east of Berlin, Schönefeld is the preferred airport for low-cost carriers and charter airlines. Attractive fares and destinations throughout Europe make Schönefeld an interesting proposition for tourists and business travellers alike. The airport provides quick and easy road and rail connections to Berlin city centre and various destinations in Brandenburg. In 2015, around 8.5 m passengers passed through the airport – 16.9 per cent more than in the same period the previous year.
Schönefeld offers 24h operations, walk-boarding and nose-out stands. TNT, UPS and FedEx integra-tors are also on site.
Located in the north-west of the city, Tegel is Berlin's busiest airport. Profiting from a central location, it is popular with tourists and business travellers alike. Besides being a hub for airberlin and an important base for Germanwings, Tegel also offers a wide range of flight connections. In 2015, Tegel handled around 21 million passengers – 1.5 per cent more than in the same period the previous year.
This year, Tegel’s summer schedule will see airlines serving 130 destinations in 45 countries (as of January 2015).
Berlin Brandenburg Airport
Berlin Brandenburg Airport (BER) will deliver a world-class travel experience to passengers and airlines alike, with all facilities within easy reach. With BER, the capital region will provide business travellers, tourists and companies with an airport that offers the best connections, international flights, direct motorway access and a railway station directly beneath the terminal.
Facts & Figures
- Two independently operated, parallel runways with a midfield terminal
- Short taxiing times on the apron and taxiways
- Sufficient slot capacities: up to 360,000 flight movements per annum
- All network, low-cost and charter flights depart from one terminal
- Targeted product differentiation: fast turnarounds and easy transfers (45m minimum connection time)
- Processes coordinated according to customer requirements
- Intermodal Transport with road and rail links: airport station for local and long-distance trains, dedicated motorway access