Offering a good mix of European and international destinations, the 2014 summer flight schedule is sure to inspire you to travel. A total of 67 airlines will connect Berlin with 163 destinations in 50 countries this summer. With 131 European destinations and 21 intercontinental connections, including eight long-haul routes and increased frequencies, the airport location Berlin has never been so well connected to the rest of the world. 30 March 2014 marks the start of the 2014 summer flight schedule.
An overview of what’s new:
- UP, the new brand of Israeli airline EL AL, is commencing flight operations from Berlin-Schönefeld on 30 March and offering 12 weekly connections to Tel Aviv.
- Italian airline Air One is offering new flights to Berlin-Tegel. The airline is connecting the capital region with not one, but three destinations in Italy: Catania (30 March), Pisa (1 April) and Palermo (2 April).
- Starting on 2 April, Norwegian will offer three weekly flights from Berlin-Schönefeld to Barcelona.
- On 4 April, Ryanair will start operating two weekly flights from Berlin-Schönefeld to Shannon in Ireland.
- Germanwings is now offering flights to Verona, Ancona and Sarajevo. Ancona will be served once a week as of 12 April. From 15 April, three weekly flights will be offered to Verona and two weekly flights to Sarajevo.
- airberlin is increasing its flight frequencies to the United States. From 6 May, the number of flights from Berlin-Tegel (TXL) to New York (JFK) will increase to ten a week. As of 5 May, airberlin will fly daily to Chicago.
- Starting on 1 May, Germania will offer flights from Berlin-Schönefeld to the Turkish city of Antalya.
- Aegean Airlines will add Thessaloniki to its flight schedule. As of 5 June, two weekly flights will be operated from Berlin-Tegel.
- Vueling is further expanding its route network from Berlin. The Berlin-Tegel to Rome route will be added to the airline’s flight schedule on 13 June, starting with four weekly flights and then from September daily flights to the Eternal City.
- From 16 June to 30 August, Estonian Air will be offering three weekly non-stop flights from Berlin-Tegel to Tallinn.
- From 21 June, easyJet will connect Berlin-Schönefeld with Faro.