Travel tips and information for the start of the summer holidays04.07.2014
With the start of the summer holidays, the main travel season is beginning at Schönefeld and Tegel airports. Around 2,650 flight movements with an estimated 350,000 passengers are expected at Schönefeld and Tegel airports at the beginning of the holidays alone (10 to 13 July 2014). This represents a passenger growth of seven per cent compared to the start of the holidays in 2013. More than 75 per cent of this traffic will be handled by Berlin Tegel Airport.
A total of 129 destinations in Europe and 20 intercontinental connections – eight of which are long haul – in 49 countries as well as 12 destinations in Germany can be reached this summer from Berlin. Besides the long-haul routes to Abu Dhabi, Beijing, Doha, Miami, Chicago, New York, Newark and Ulan Bator, passengers also have a choice of numerous appealing inner-European connections.
Refurbishment work on the southern runway at TXL
Refurbishment work will be carried out on the southern runway at Berlin Tegel from 14 to 21 July 2014. Air traffic will be handled by the northern runway during this period. The construction work will continue around the clock. We appreciate our passengers’ understanding in case of any restrictions on air traffic or delays during this time.
Service information for passengers
Due to this very busy period at the airport, we recommend you consider the following travel information:
- Please inform yourself about the status of your flight either online or by telephone before you set off.
- If available, use your airline’s free online check-in option.
- Please make your way to the airport in good time. Allow for extra time for travelling to the airport and for your time spent at the airport.
- Due to limited parking capacity, please use public transport for travelling to the airport.
Contact and online services
The airport company offers a variety of contact options so you can inform yourself about your flight status, about travelling to and from the airport, and about the range of services offered at the airports.
- Phone: our information hotline can be reached at the local rate on +49 30 6091-1150
- Online: www.berlin-airport.de
- Twitter: our Twitter service account www.twitter.com/berlinairport can likewise be used 24/7 to get the latest information and ask questions
- Mobile: via the “Berlin Airport” app, which you can download and install on your smartphone free of charge
Experience the airport without travelling
Even if you are not flying anywhere this summer you can experience the airport by registering for our “A Day at the Airport” holiday special event or for one of our airport tours. The Infotower at BER is open to visitors daily, and our visitors’ terraces at Schönefeld and Tegel give you an exciting insight into the day-to-day activities at the airport.