Tempelhof airport

Tempelhof Airport is the birthplace of aviation and became a symbol of the desire for freedom of the people of Berlin with the airlift. The first plane took off here in 1923. In 1948 and 1949 the raisin bombers brought supplies to the whole of West Berlin. Flight operations ceased in 2008 after more than 80 years.
Download

Click on the following link to download the image.

For the source, please use:
© Flughafen Berlin Brandenburg GmbH / Archiv

Conditions of use
The photo may be used exclusively for editorial or private purposes.