A bird’s eye view of the construction work at Berlin’s Capital Airport BBI23.05.2008
The BBI Infotower, which is situated on the grounds of the ILA, is open between 10:30 and 18:00 daily and admission is free for ILA visitors. Last admission is at 17:30.
Accredited journalists are invited to visit the tower between 10:00 and 10:30 every morning to take a look at the BBI construction site, which is the size of 2,000 football pitches. Berlin Airports’ press officers, Ralf Kunkel and Eberhard Elie, will be on hand to answer any questions.
The ILA 2008 also coincides with the opening of Berlin Airports’ visitors pavilion at the foot of the BBI Infotower. The pavilion houses an exhibition about the new BBI airport; admission is also free of charge and the centre is open daily from 27 May 2008 from 10:00 to 18:00.
Berlin Airports in the ILA programme
- Rotary ILA – “Evening-Before” Check-In 2008: “Giving Wings to Dreams – Sparking a Passion for Technology in Young People”. Panel discussion (in German) with Dr. Rainer Schwarz, Chief Executive Officer of Berlin Airports. 26 May, 19:00-22:00. Holiday Inn Schoenefeld Airport, Hans-Grade-Allee 5, 12529 Berlin-Schoenefeld.
- ILA Conference “Air, Rail and Road. Data Fusion of Different Traffic Systems: New Ways to Optimise Airport Management” with Thomas Weyer, Technical/BBI Director. 27 May, 9:30-12:30. ILA Exhibition Grounds, Conference Center, Hall 4, JULLIET Suite.
- Public-Private Security Conference on Global Air Transport Security with Dr. Manfred Bobke-von Camen, HR Director of Berlin Airports. 27 May, 9:00-17:30. ILA Exhibition Grounds, Conference Center, Hall 4, GOLF Suite · Interline Meeting: ILA Conference with Dr. Rainer Schwarz, Chief Executive Officer Berlin Airports. 30 May, 8:30-9:30. ILA Exhibition Grounds, Conference Center, Hall 4, DELTA Suite.
- Aircargo Meeting “aircargo to bbi”: ILA Conference with Dr. Rainer Schwarz, Chief Executive Officer Berlin Airports. 30 May, 9:30. ILA Exhibition Grounds, Conference Center, Hall 4, INDIA Suite.
- Opening of “Tourist Info Berlin-Brandenburg” at Schoenefeld Airport with Dr. Rainer Schwarz, Chief Executive Officer Berlin Airports. 30 May, 14:00-16:00. Schoenefeld Airport, Terminal A.
- “What Benefits Does BBI Offer Employees?": Panel discussion with Dr. Manfred Bobke-von Camen, HR Director Berlin Airports. 31 May, 15:00-16:00. ILA Exhibition Grounds, Hall 6a, ILA CareerCenter.