BBI Summer Tour of Brandenburg 200815.07.2008
Prime Minister Matthias Platzeck welcomed the Berlin Airports Summer Tour initiative. “It will bring the “new gateway to the world” straight to the Brandenburgers’ doorstep and give them the chance to learn about the largest infrastructural project in East Germany, one of Europe’s most up-to-the-minute airports, straight from the horse’s mouth, so to speak. The BBI will be a “neighbourhood” airport for everyone in Brandenburg and Berlin, whether they live in Uckermark, Lusatia, Neukölln, Prignitz or Treptow.”
As Dr. Rainer Schwarz, CEO of Berlin Airports said, “Berlin Brandenburg International Airport, BBI, will open in 2011, but even today you can sense how important the BBI is to the development of the region’s economy and labour market. The BBI Summer Tour is an open invitation to the people of Brandenburg to come along and find out about the new airport for the capital city region.
The BBI Infobus will be visiting rural regions and towns around Brandenburg. The BBI Infobus’s first stops are:
- 15.7.-17.7. Potsdam, the Brandenburg capital, on the square in front of the Brandenburg Gate
- 18.7.-20.7. Cottbus town, Altmarkt
- 21.7.-23.7. Ostprignitz-Ruppin region, Neurupppin, Schulplatz (old town)
- 24.7.-26.7. Prignitz, Perleberg, Marktplatz
- 28.7.-30.7. Teltow-Fläming region Luckenwalde, Am Rathaus
- 31.7.-02.08. Elbe-Elster region, Finsterwalde, Marktplatz
We will notify you about the August venues in good time. Berlin Airports looks forward to seeing you at the BBI Infobus.