By Infobus through Brandenburg: BBI summer tour 2008 a success18.09.2008
"Berlin Airports used the BBI summer tour to invite people in the region to find out all about the construction of the new Capital Airport", said Dr. Rainer Schwarz, CEO of Berlin Airports. "Naturally, we are delighted that the people of Brandenburg have taken such a keen interest. We would especially like to thank the mayors, district authorities and administrative workers for their active support."
Numerous questions arose primarily in relation to the situation on the job market in the region and job prospects offered by the BBI. Together with the job centre and Trainico, the professional training subsidiary of Lufthansa, informative events were held on the BBI Infobus. Contacts were also on site to answer questions relating to employment at BBI and in the airport vicinity.
"Cooperating with the job centre and Trainico has paid off", said Schwarz. "We not only showed colourful pictures on our summer tour. BBI is creating up to 40,000 new jobs in the region. Together with our partners, the job centre and Trainico, we were able to provide specific information on current training and job vacancies."
A webcam on the BBI Infobus provided live pictures of the progress being made on the BBI construction site. The job fair informed prospective applicants about current job vacancies in the airport vicinity. An opening event was held at each exhibition point. Discussions and competitions offering attractive prizes such as free flights and tours of the BBI construction site provided an additional incentive to visit the BBI Infobus.
The BBI Infobus stopped at the following places on its summer tour of Brandenburg:
- 15/07–17/07, Potsdam, the state capital, on the square in front of the Brandenburg Gate
- 18/07–20/07, Cottbus town, old market square
- 21/07–23/07, Ostprignitz-Ruppin district, Neuruppin, Schulplatz (old town)
- 24/07–26/07, Prignitz district, Perleberg, market square
- 28/07–30/07, Teltow-Fläming district, Luckenwalde, outside the town hall
- 31/07–02/08, Elbe-Elster district, Finsterwalde, market square
- 04/08–06/08, Spree-Neisse district, Guben, Promenade am Dreieck
- 07/08–09/08, Oberspreewald-Lausitz district, Senftenberg, Schlossparkcenter
- 11/08–13/08, Märkisch-Oderland district, Strausberg, Münchebergerstrasse car park
- 14/08–15/08, Oberhavel district, Zehdenick, at the market
- 16/08–17/08, Berlin, Kurfürstendamm/on the corner of Rankestrasse
- 20/08–21/08, Uckermark district, Prenzlau, Steinstrasse car park
- 24/08–26/08, Brandenburg town, Neustädtischer Markt
- 27/08–28/08, Potsdam-Mittelmark district, Belzig, market square
- 30/08–01/09, Frankfurt/Oder town, Brunnenplatz
- 02/09–03/09, Havelland district, Rathenow, Märkischer Platz
- 05/09–07/09, Dahme-Spreewald district, Goyatz, Heimatmuseum car park
- 10/09–12/09, Oder-Spree district, Fürstenwalde, market square