Capital Airport BBI: further contracts awarded for BBI Terminal16.01.2009
Building services equipment
By the time BBI goes into operation on 30 October 2011, the group of bidders will have installed a total of 48,000 sprinkler heads, 177,000 metres of piping, 210,000 m2 of sheet metal channels for ventilation technology, 320 ventilation systems with a total air flow rate of nine million m3/h as well as 1,300 sanitary installations. The contract will also include the installation of key components for geothermal systems to meet 15 per cent of the annual heating and 31 per cent of the annual cooling requirements at the passenger terminal. Installation work will commence in June 2009.
- The contract for the "steel constructions" for the terminal building and main pier went to the company Eiffel Deutschland Stahltechnologie GmbH in Hanover.
- The contract for the "facade work, roof constructions and roofing for the terminal building and main pier" was awarded to the company Seele GmbH & Co. KG in Gersthofen.
- The contract for the "facade work, roof constructions and roofing for the north and south piers" was awarded to the group of bidders Radeburger Fensterbau GmbH/Rapid GmbH/Gebr. Schneider GmbH & Co. KG in Radeburg/Bärwalde.
Awarding the contract for services on time ensures that work can commence on erecting the steel construction for the 48,000 m2 roof of the terminal building in mid 2009 and that the subsequent facade work and interior work can commence on schedule.
The companies will carry out the following work:
- 8,800 t steel construction
- 9,200 m2 cable-stayed steel/glass facade
- 30,000 m2 post and beam facades
- 51,500 m2 steel sheets with trapezoidal corrugations
- 9,100 m2 textile wall covering
- 12,800 m2 steel/glass skylights
- 99,800 m2 roof sealing works