Airport Campus: the new semester begins14.10.2011
BBI Campus becomes Airport Campus: the seventh semester of the university project, a cooperation between Berlin Airports and the employment office in Potsdam, is starting on 25 October 2011 under the new name Airport Campus. The project offers students the opportunity to gain an exclusive insight into the know-how and experience of leading airport and aviation experts via four events. With the introduction of the new Berlin Brandenburg Airport, and the associated change of name from BBI to BER, the university project BBI Campus has also been given a new name: Airport Campus.
Prof. Dr. Rainer Schwarz, CEO of Berlin Airports: "The new Berlin Brandenburg Airport is the most important development project in the German capital region. Airport Campus offers students in Berlin and Brandenburg the opportunity to take a look behind the scenes, which is much more exciting than sitting in a lecture theatre. It also enables students to take a good look at the aviation industry during their studies, thus preparing them for a job in one of the companies at a later date."
Edelgard Woythe, Chair of the Management Board of Potsdam's employment office: "Innovative concepts such as Airport Campus considerably enhance the university region of Berlin-Brandenburg and the regional job market for academics. They show students the job prospects offered by an infrastructure project with great employment potential. And they give companies the opportunity to inspire future university graduates to become tomorrow's experts and executives." The 2011 winter semester of Airport Campus will consist of a series of four lectures:
2011 winter semester – dates, topics and course instructors:
- Tuesday, 25 October 2011, 6–8 p.m.
- "Traffic control systems at Berlin Brandenburg Airport – the flight data hub at the new Capital Airport" (Stephan Wollschläger and Ricardo Roth – project managers for traffic control systems at Berlin Airports)
- Tuesday, 15 November 2011, 6–8 p.m.
- "Airline acquisitions at Berlin Airports. Strategies, processes and marketing activities – a practical example" (Dr. Till Bunse – Head of Marketing & Public Relations at Berlin Airports)
- Tuesday, 13 December 2011, 6–8 p.m.
- "Three become one: opportunity management at Berlin Airports – change processes from an HR perspective" (Guido Baer – Head of HR Policies and Kristin Klein – HR Development Advisor at Berlin Airports)
- Tuesday, 17 January 2012, 6–8 p.m.
- "Logistics concept for handling coloaded freight on long-haul flights at Berlin Brandenburg Airport" (Torsten Jüling, Senior Consultant for Air Cargo at Berlin Airports)
To register for a lecture, simply e-mail email@example.com. Participation is free. The event will be held at airportworld, the visitor centre of Berlin Airports, diagonally opposite the S-Bahn railway station Schoenefeld Airport.
The University of Potsdam counts the participation of Bachelor degree students as a course achievement within the scope of "Studiumplus", a multidisciplinary study programme aimed at acquiring key skills. Students must participate in all events and prepare a project thesis.
Since starting in November 2008, more than 1,800 students from universities throughout the Berlin-Brandenburg region have taken part in Airport Campus. The continuous increase in the number of participants shows that the combination of theory and practice appeals to students. Further information on the Airport Campus can be found on the home page of Berlin Airports at www.berlin-airport.de.