2013 summer flight schedule: Non-stop from Berlin to 162 destinations28.03.2013
Freezing temperatures, snow and no signs of spring: those wanting to escape the cold winter weather will find plenty of ideas for warm travel destinations in the new summer flight schedule, e.g. Abu Dhabi, Casablanca, Los Angeles or Tel Aviv. As of 31 March, a total of 162 destinations will be served from Schönefeld and Tegel in the 2013 summer flight schedule.
Hartmut Mehdorn, Chief Executive Officer of Flughafen Berlin Brandenburg GmbH: 'We are once again able to offer our passengers a wide range of travel destinations this summer. I am delighted that we are now able to serve 11 long-haul destinations from Berlin. This is reflected in the number of transit passengers, which has risen to six per cent.'
The new routes at a glance:
- Vueling has been operating four flights a week from Tegel to the Italian city of Florence since 22 March.
- Chicago was added to the flight schedule on 23 March as a new long-haul destination. airberlin will initially operate three flights a week from Tegel to the US metropolis, increasing this to five flights a week as of May.
- airberlin also added the Berlin–Warsaw route to its flight schedule on 23 March, making the German and Polish capitals even better connected with up to three flights a day.
- On 31 March SAS will be adding the Berlin–Oslo route to its flight schedule, offering four flights a week from Tegel.
- As of 31 March, easyJet will operate four flights a week from Berlin Schönefeld to Sofia.
- easyJet will also offer three new flights a week from Schönefeld to Edinburgh as of 2 April.
- On 26 April the airline flyNonstop is set to start flight operations from Berlin Schönefeld, offering one flight a day on Mondays and Fridays to the popular holiday destination of Kristiansand in Norway.
- Aegean Airlines will add Athens to its flight schedule from 30 April, offering three flights a week from Tegel.
- On 1 May Maastricht Airlines is set to start flight operations in Tegel. The flight schedule features six connections to Maastricht.
- London Southend will be served by easyJet as of 17 June. Aircraft will depart from Schönefeld six days a week.
- Lufthansa will offer connections between Berlin Tegel and Faro from 19 June, flying on Wednesdays and Sundays.
- On 20 June Lufthansa will start operating a new connection to Antalya. Flights will depart from Tegel five times a week.
- As of 21 June, flights will depart every Friday for Mahon. Lufthansa is adding the route from Tegel to the capital of Minorca to its flight schedule.
Easter holiday traffic
New service for passengers
The airport company is offering a new service for passengers. All questions relating to Berlin Tegel and Berlin Schönefeld Airport can now be posted on Twitter. The airports can be reached 24/7 at @berlinairport and will be happy to answer all service-related questions promptly in German and English. The airport company will also actively publish information on Twitter and Facebook in the event of restrictions to flight operations, e.g. due to strikes or terminal closures. Passengers can of course also contact airport information 24 hours a day.
Airport info: +49 180 500-0186 (€0.14/min. from a German landline, max. €0.42/min. from a German mobile phone network)