2014 summer flight schedule: From Berlin to Europe and the rest of the world28.03.2014
With even more destinations and new flights, the current summer flight schedule is sure to inspire you to travel. A total of 67 airlines will connect Berlin with 163 destinations in 50 countries this summer. 30 March 2014 marks the start of the 2014 summer flight schedule.
‘We are delighted to be able to offer passengers a good mix of European and international destinations with the new summer flight schedule’, says Hartmut Mehdorn, Chief Executive Officer of Flughafen Berlin Brandenburg GmbH. ‘With 131 European destinations and 21 intercontinental connections, including eight long-haul routes and increased frequencies, the airport location Berlin has never been so well connected to the rest of the world.’
Here’s an overview of what’s new in the 2014 summer flight schedule:
- UP, the new brand of Israeli airline EL AL, is commencing flight operations from Berlin-Schönefeld on 30 March. All flights to Tel Aviv will then be operated by UP. The route will be served by 12 weekly flights. UP is thus increasing frequencies by an extra four flights per week.
- Italian airline AirOne is offering new flights to Berlin. The airline is launching three new routes from Berlin-Tegel. Starting with the summer flight schedule, AirOne will fly from Berlin to Catania. As of 1 April, the airline will connect Berlin with Pisa. On 2 April, the Tegel–Palermo route will be added. Pisa and Catania will be served by three weekly flights, Palermo by two weekly flights.
- Starting on 2 April, norwegian will connect Berlin with Barcelona. Flights to the Spanish city on the Mediterranean coast will depart from Berlin-Schönefeld three times a week.
- On 4 April, Ryanair will start operating flights from Berlin-Schönefeld to Shannon in south-west Ireland. The route will be served twice a week.
- As of mid April, germanwings will fly from Berlin-Tegel to Verona, Ancona and Sarajevo. Ancona will be served once a week as of 12 April. From 15 April, three weekly flights will be offered to Verona and two weekly flights to Sarajevo.
- airberlin is increasing its flight frequencies to the United States and thus expanding its USA service from Berlin. From 6 May, three additional flights will be offered from Berlin-Tegel (TXL) to New York (JFK), making a total of ten flights per week to the US metropolis. Also, on 5 May, airberlin will increase its flight frequencies to Chicago. This route will then be served daily.
- Starting on 1 May, Germania will offer flights from Berlin-Schönefeld to the Turkish city of Antalya on the Mediterranean coast.
- Just in time for the start of the summer season, Greek airline Aegean Airlines will add Thessaloniki to its flight schedule. As of 5 June, two weekly flights will be operated from Berlin-Tegel.
- vueling is further expanding its route network from Berlin. The Berlin-Tegel to Rome route will be added to the airline’s flight schedule on 13 June, starting with four weekly flights and then from September daily flights to the Eternal City.
- From 16 June to 30 August, Estonian Air will be offering three weekly non-stop flights from Berlin-Tegel to Tallinn.
- From 21 June, easyJet will connect Berlin-Schönefeld with the Algarve. Faro, the city in the south of Portugal, will then be served twice a week.