Winter Flight Schedule 2014/2015: A great choice of winter and sun destinations24.10.2014
Whether for business trips, city breaks, beach vacations or skiing holidays: with 12 domestic services, 96 European destinations, 22 intercontinental flights, including ten long-haul services, and frequency increases, Berlin’s 2014/2015 Winter Flight Schedule offers excellent connections. This winter, a total of 62 airlines connect Berlin and Brandenburg with 130 destinations in 46 countries. The new Winter Flight Schedule comes into effect at the airports in the Berlin region punctually for the start of the winter season on 26 October 2014.
The most popular destinations from Berlin for winter sports are traditionally Basle in Switzerland, and Salzburg, Graz, Innsbruck and Klagenfurt in Austria. The popular skiing areas in all of these areas are only a short drive away from the relevant airport. From 28 November, Meridiana will also be taking passengers via Turin to Italy’s largest skiing area, Via Lattea.
Travellers who wish to flee the German winter for a few days will find a great choice of sunny destinations in Southern Europe in the Winter Flight Schedule. Tel Aviv is another attractive destination in the winter. With Germania, sun worshipers can choose from three new sunny destinations: the Berlin-based airline has added new services to Tenerife South, Lanzarote and Hurghada on the Red Sea.
The new services at a glance:
- The airline bmi regional started a new service to Berlin on 1 September 2014. The service connects the Swedish holiday region Småland with Berlin and Brandenburg. The airline flies six times a week from Berlin-Tegel to Kalmar.
- The Spanish airline Iberia Express increased its flight frequency from Berlin to Madrid on 1 September 2014. Previously, the Spanish low-cost subsidiary of Iberia flew six times a week from Berlin’s Tegel Airport; now the airline connects Berlin with the Spanish capital eleven times a week. Iberia offers customers attractive connections to Central and Southern America via its Madrid hub.
- The Scandinavian airline Norwegian has further expanded its route network from Berlin: since 15 September 2014 the low-cost airline has been flying six times weekly from Berlin-Schönefeld to London-Gatwick.
- With the start of the Winter Flight Schedule on 26 October 2014, Ryanair will be launching a new service from Berlin-Schönefeld to Porto. The service to the city in northern Portugal will be operated four times a week.
- The British airline Flybe also starts flying from Berlin-Tegel to Birmingham on 26 October 2014. The new service will be operated five times a week.
- Germany’s second-largest airline, airberlin, is boosting the number of flights between Berlin-Tegel and Abu Dhabi. As from 26 October 2014 the route will be flown twice daily, thus doubling the number of weekly services to a total of 8,344 seats per week. Departure times from Berlin have been selected to tie in with Etihad Airways’ international route network from Abu Dhabi, giving passengers access to destinations in the Gulf Region, Asia, Australia and the Indian subcontinent.
- At the start of the Winter Flight Schedule, instead of flying to Milan-Malpensa, airberlin will be flying from Berlin-Tegel to Milan-Linate, which is closer to the city centre. This is due to a close cooperation with the Italian airline Alitalia and a codeshare agreement between the two airlines.
- In the Winter Flight Schedule 2014/2015, British Airways is also increasing its frequencies. From 26 October 2014 the airline will be operating an additional daily flight from Berlin-Tegel to London-Heathrow, meaning that the British Airways schedule now includes 47 flights a week from Berlin to the British capital.
- The start of the Winter Flight Schedule 2014/2015 sees the Russian airline Transaero increasing its number of flights to Moscow. As from 26 October 2014 the airline will be flying from Berlin to Moscow twice daily. In addition to the flight from Berlin-Tegel to Moscow-Domodedovo, the airline will also be flying to Moscow-Vnukovo from Berlin-Tegel.
- The Italian airline Meridiana will be connecting Berlin-Tegel with Turin in northern Italy twice a week direct as from 28 November 2014.
- In the Winter Flight Schedule 2014/2015, the Berlin-based airline Germania will be expanding its service offerings with the addition of three new holiday destinations from Berlin-Schönefeld. Starting from 2 November 2014, Germania will be operating a new flight to Tenerife South Airport. As from 5 November 2014 the airline will be flying to the Egyptian seaside resort Hurghada, and a new service to Lanzarote starts on 16 December 2014. Germania will be flying once weekly to each of these new destinations.