Winter Flight Schedule 2015/2016: Take off from Berlin to explore Europe and the world23.10.2015
New destinations, more flights — the Winter Flight Schedule 2015/2016 offers outstanding connections for business travellers, city tourists and holiday-makers taking off from Berlin: eleven domestic destinations, 104 European destination, 24 intercontinental connections (11 of them long-haul flights) and increases in frequency.
A total of 64 airlines connects Berlin and Brandenburg with 139 destinations in 52 countries. The new flight schedule will go into effect at Schönefeld and Tegel Airports on 25 October 2015, right on time for the start of the winter season.
New destinations from Berlin Tegel
A total of 46 airlines operate flights leaving from Berlin Tegel to points all around the globe. Eleven domestic destinations, 71 European destinations, 17 intercontinental connections (eleven of them long-haul flights) and increases in frequency in the TXL Winter Flight Schedule offer outstanding connections to the world:
- The airline airBaltic has been flying to Vilnius, Lithuania’s capital, as well as to Riga and Tallinn since 2 September. The Berlin-Vilnius route is served three times a week.
- SunExpress continues to expand its route network. Starting on 5 November, the German-Turkish airline will be flying once a week from Berlin Tegel to Ras al-Kaimah, one of the seven emirates of the United Arab Emirates, exclusively for the tour operator FTI.
- The Turkish airline Borajet begins flying once a week — always on Tuesdays — to Adana, Turkey’s fifth-largest city, on 27 October.
- Good news for the lovers of long-haul flights: airberlin is returning the route Berlin-Miami to its schedule. Starting on 5 November, there will be two flights a week from Tegel to Miami.
- The start of the Winter Flight Schedule 2015/2016 brings a change for Aer Lingus. Its planes will be taking off from Berlin Tegel and no longer from Berlin Schönefeld. The Irish airline flies the route Berlin-Dublin twice a day.
Take off from Berlin Schönefeld to explore Europe
Passengers will be able to choose from among a total of 21 airlines and 73 destinations in 29 countries when they take off to explore Europe during the winter months. The following new flights will be available from Berlin Schönefeld:
- The Irish airline Ryanair will open its new base in Schönefeld by adding no fewer than 16 new routes from Berlin. As of 27 October, flights to Athens, Barcelona, Bologna, Bratislava, Brussels, Palma de Mallorca, Riga, Rome, Valencia, Venice and Tenerife will be available. One day later, on 28 October, the Irish airline will take off for Alicante, Bari and Glasgow. A flight from Berlin Schönefeld to Malaga will be on the airline’s schedule from 31 October. Bratislava and Valencia are completely new destinations on the schedule. Ryanair also flies to destinations in Germany. The low-cost airline has connected Berlin with the metropolitan region Cologne/Bonn since 3 September. Flights on this route will be increased to six times a day in November.
- easyJet will have a new destination on the Berlin schedule from 29 October: a total of four flights per week will take the airline’s passengers from Schönefeld to Vienna.
- SunExpress also takes off from Schönefeld. As of 29 October, the German-Turkish airline will operate a new route from Schönefeld to Marrakech, the Pearl of the South. SunExpress will have a flight once a week to the south-west of Morocco.
- The German airline germanwings has been taking off from Berlin Schönefeld Airport again since 5 October and flies to Cologne/Bonn. With the start of the Winter Flight Schedule, the airline will increase the number of flights from twice to three times a day. As of 25 October 2015, the airline will offer another domestic German route and fly daily from Berlin to Stuttgart.
Print transforms into online
Starting with the Winter Flight Schedule 2015/2016, the printed flight schedule of the past will be replaced by the online flight schedule search function on the website www.berlin-airport.de. All of the routes from Berlin to points all around the world can be displayed quickly and conveniently.