According to EU Regulation No. 1107/2006, the airport is responsible for providing you with assistance on airport premises. This applies from the moment you arrive at the airport until the moment you leave. Please submit a request for assistance to your airline or travel agent no later than 48 hours before your planned departure.
Berlin Brandenburg Airport offers passengers with reduced mobility an extensive range of services:
- At all stops along the way, from arrival to departure: check-in, baggage drop-off, security checkpoints, transfer to departure gate, boarding, stowing hand luggage
- At all stops along the way, on arrival: deplaning, transfer to baggage reclaim, immigration and customs, transit within the terminal to a connecting flight
- With everything you want to take care of before departure: food, drink, shopping, toilet
The following aids are designed to make your stay at the airport as comfortable as possible:
- Disabled parking spaces in multi-storey car parks close to the entrance, phone pillars providing direct lines to the PRM Assistance Service right next to the terminal as well as escalators and wheelchair-accessible lifts facilitate your arrival and departure.
- All stairways are equipped with double handrails.
- Ten per cent of seats have been lowered.
- Disabled toilets are available in all toilets.
- Signs are also in Braille.